Let’s Go to Summer Camp!!
Sonoma is extremely lucky to have a wealth of opportunities awaiting for our kids this summer! Do you have your summer camp’s figured out? You can find everything from archaeology to caring for animals to sorcerer’s spells! So I encourage you to sit down this week, pull out your calendar and pick a few. You and your kids will be thanking you when school is out!
- Sonoma Ecology Center- Science Camp provides children with the opportunity to learn about science and connect with nature through hands-on, interactive experiments, explorations, and adventures. Each camp theme; Water Warriors, Harry Potter’s Sorcerer’s Stone, Bird, Bugs,and Slugs and Squirmin’ Worms Camp is rich in science content, eco-friendly arts & crafts, fun games, and healthy snacks. Camps are one week long and the hours are 9am to 3pm. Camps start June 10th. Please check out their website for all the info and fees. I have 2 kids that really want to go to Harry Potter Camp!
- Artescape- New this year, Artescape will offer one week summer art camp classes. First session: June 10-15 (ages 7 and up); July 15-19 (ages 12-16) and July 29-August 2 (ages 7 and up). Classes run for a week and are 10-3pm. All are $125 each. Be sure to contact them soon, only 12 spots in each class!
- Pets Lifeline- Kids ages 7 to 11 years old can learn to care for dogs, cats and a few animals in between. Camps are 9-12 pm and are offered weekly from June 11th to August 17th. Each week there will be a new special guest visiting Pets Lifeline! Fees are $110 per child/per week. Classes fill up very quickly for this popular camp!
- Sonoma Academy of Dance-In a different location this year, SADA will be offering 13 camps for the summer! Most camps are held at Presentation School, except for Archaeology and Amazing Race Camp which will be held at Burlingame Hall. Camp fees range from $115 to $250 per week. Classes being offered this year include Film Camp, Dance Camp and the ever popular Princess Camp and two new camps; Inventors Camp The Amazing Race Camp (seriously, can I sign-up please!) Camps start June 17th and run through the entire summer until August 9th. For camp information, check their website at www.sonomasummercamps.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sonoma Girl Scout Day Camp- The Girl Scouts will be hosting a one week camp from June 17th through the 21st in Glen Ellen. This year’s theme will be “Western Round-Up; A Cow-Girl Scout Adventure and will explore Trefoil Ranch, the Wild Frontier and the Gold Mine. The camp will hosted by the Girl Scouts of Northern California and will be from 9:00-4:00p each day. If you are not a girl scout, but would still like to attend camp, you may pay $12 for the summer fee, in addition to the regular camp fee of $210. Financial assistance is also available. They are also in need of a few more parent volunteers if you are able to help! Registration closes on May 1st so be sure to register right away!
- St. Andrew’s Vacation Bible Camp is a very popular Sonoma Valley Camp with over 100 children attending last year. Camp will be held this year from June 24th-28th from 9:00-11:30am.They will also be hosting a second camp from July 8th-12th, Worship Arts Camp, ending with a musical production which will be held on Sunday July 14th during normal church services. Check the website for registration information.
- British Soccer Camp-Sonoma Field of Dreams- Two weeks are available this year:July 8th-July 12th and July 29th-August 2nd for ages 6-14. Price is $134 and camp runs from 9:00a-12:00p. British Soccer Camps provide players of all ages and abilities with the rare opportunity to receive high-level soccer coaching from a team of international experts. Each day includes foot skills, technical drills, tactical practices, small-sided games, coached scrimmages, and a daily tournament. Camp programs include a free ball and shirt and a free British Soccer jersey for online registrations 45 days prior to camp!
- Boys and Girls Club of Sonoma will once again be offering their highly rated camps all summer at only $60 per week! Camp runs from Monday thru Friday 9:00-1:00pm and are for kids in grades 1-5. They have weekly themes and field trips. Once again they will also be hosting specialty camps including Soccer Camp, Rock Climbing and Science Camp for $100 each week. Website with all camp info here:http://bgcsonoma.org/
- Sonoma Ballet Summer Dance Workshop will once again be available for all budding dancers-experienced or not. The summer program runs for 5 weeks starting on July 1st thru August 2nd and ending with a performance at the Sebastiani Theatre on August 3rd. Tuition varies on amount of hours each week starting at $45 per month.Check website for all the details.
- Moldovan Academy-Offering for the first time, summer camp for children ages. There are two 3 week sessions: June 10-28 and July 8-26. Moldovan academy is providing the arts, music and academics and Lion Heart Fitness will provide the sports. Camp runs from 9:00am to 4:00pm. Each three week session is $600 or both sessions are $1100. One week options are also available. Check the website for more info here.
- Lastly, if you can drive your child to camp and are willing to leave Sonoma, the Sonoma State Excel for Youth Summer Program is highly recommended. Sonoma State offers classes for kids in grades 4-9 with topics ranging from chemistry to preformiong Shakespeare. They are in their 31st year offering this program. One week sessions will be starting June 24th and running through late July. Fees are $160-185 per week and are offered either in the morning or afternoon.
I hope you have found a few camps that work for you and your kids this year. If I missed a camp you will be attending, please let me know in the comments! I would be happy to add it. And be sure to check back, more camps are popping up as we get closer to summer! Happy Camping!